We absolutely loved our trip to Canada in June 18. It was our two year wedding anniversary and, rather than buy each other gifts, we decided to head off somewhere we have both always wanted to visit.
Adam has a love for the boreal forest, the north woods. He has enjoyed many trips out to Sweden in both summer and winter, and Canada is taking that one step further. He was keen on a winter trip but I fancied summer and I won 🙂
We started our trip with a visit to San Francisco to see Adam’s best friend from school, James. I’ll blog about this soon. We then took a flight into Calgary, hired a car and began our epic journey through the rockies.
Highlights from the trip include;
- Lunch at the top of the Banff Gondola in moody grey skies
- A breath taking trip along the world famous Icefields Parkway, stopping at the Athabasca Glacier for a little tourist indulgence
- Oh, and of course our scared and frantic sighting of a grizzly at the side of the road 200m away from our little wooden cabin!!!
- Maligne Canyon in Jasper National Park
- The Ravens
- Medicine Lake
- Lake Louise
- The stunning Emerald Lake
- Wildfowl Lake
- and tons more….
We also headed west through Revelstoke and enjoyed a little adrenaline hit on the mountain coaster before spending three nights in Whistler with Adam’s friend Sam from uni. Whistler was great too and we enjoyed paddle boarding and cycling at Lost Lake, RZR driving on Rainbow Mountain and a mega Ziplining experience!!
Our trip ended with a short visit to the Capilano suspension bridge in Vancouver. So much to blog about but so little time!!! Watch this space…lots of info and pictures to come..